Quality Control Lab Technician - Night shift (8pm-8am) Job Type: Full-time
The Quality Lab Technician is responsible for testing, collecting data in a logical manner, evaluating data, and determining if product meets customers required specifications. Responsible for evaluating product processing conditions: i.e., examine processing equipment to determine if process is under control or not. Responsible for making decisions after evaluating collected data to determine if product is acceptable. Responsible for giving instructions regarding quality matters to other employees. Must be able to communicate well with customers and employees. Responsible for evaluating testing equipment and determining if it is in good working condition. Responsible for keeping the Quality Lab neat and orderly.
• Check/verify testers to required standards with test blocks provided and records data.
• Performs hardness testing.
• Completes microstructure analysis.
• Performs visual examinations of parts
• Determines tempering temperatures
• Cuts parts using saws.
• Measures dimensions of products.
• Evaluates, verifies and communicates processes throughout the shop.
• Performs micro hardness on specific parts.
• Performs certification on all parts prior to shipping and prints certifications.
• Performs carbon analysis, if required and trained to do so.
• Evaluates furnace charts
• Monitors concentrations of soaps and various chemicals
• Prioritizes Rush jobs as needed
• Performs data entry and completes various required
• Assists with other tasks as directed by the QC Manager
• Good hand eye coordination
• Lifting required
• Ability to multi-task
• Attention to detail required
• Data entry skills
• Ability to work independently in a fast paced, dynamic production environment
• Skilled using a variety of measuring equipment preferred
• Quality related experience preferred
• Heat Treating knowledge preferred
• HS Diploma or equivalent required
Furnace operators are responsible for preparing parts for the furnaces, programming furnaces, some in-process inspection, loading and unloading of parts, keeping area clean, reporting maintenance issues and some preventative maintenance on equipment. Experience in manufacturing, hoist operation, and forklift driving preferred but will train. Twelve hour, three & four days/week shifts. Every other three-day weekend off.
Hours are 9am – 9pm or 9pm – 9am.
Competitive wage, 401k match, medical, dental, short-term disability, life insurance, vacation, and holiday pay.
Apply in person, send resume to email@example.com
or mail to: Human Resources, Flame Metals, 12450 Ironwood Circle, Rogers, MN 55374.